हमारे YOUTUBE चैनल को सब्सक्राइब करें !
For sound click on video & unmute
When you own a vehicle or drive for someone else, you are lawfully required to carry a copy of the Registration Certificate (RC). Hence, it is a very important document
Regardless of its importance, it is a small card-sized document which often gets lost and in most of the cases, a fleet owner hardly knows what to do.
In order to help such truck owners who have lost the original copy of their truck’s RC, we have compiled a step-by-step guide using which one can easily issue another registration certificate.
Follow these simple steps to get a duplicate RC:
- The first step will be to register a police complaint at the nearest police station where you will mention the details about where you lost the RC
- After filing a complaint, you must acquire a copy of the FIR from the police station of the lost RC
- Download, print and fill Form 26 from the RTO official website.
- In case the vehicle is financed by a bank, truck owners may need to obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the lending bank
- A triplicate copy of the form must have the endorsement of the authority that registered your vehicle.
- Collect a photocopy of the driving license, insurance paper and emission test paper and submit them to the registering authority.
- Get a blank file and store all your papers there safely with the name and contact details on it.
- On a 20 rupees stamp paper mention all the details of the truck and that the RC is missing.
- Put all the documents (Form 26 duly filled, photocopies of the emission test, DL, insurance papers, 3 passport photographs, identity proof, local address proof) in the file and submit it to the Superintendent of the RTO.
- The Superintendent will soon verify the submitted documents and sign for approval.
- At last Assistant Regional Transport Office (ARTO) will verify the ID proof and attest the form.
- Submit this file at the counter where the files are collected where the acknowledgement will mention the date by which the RC will be delivered.
Please Note: The process of procuring a duplicate RC may vary from state to state.
If you follow all these simple steps to the word, you will easily get another RC within 15-20 days of the submission of the above-mentioned documents. Please like and share this article with fellow truck owners to help them in case of a lost RC.