Reading Time: 2 minutes
In this article, we compare recovery patterns in truck movement during the Corona lockdowns based on truck types. These insights are generated by WheelsEye.
Open Trucks vs Closed Trucks Recovery : 76% vs 63%
- Open trucks saw greater recovery at 76% as compared to Closed trucks which only saw 63% recovery.
- Amongst Open trucks, recovery percentages are greatest for 12 (80%) and 14 tyre trucks (88%).
- Recovery percentages across different tyred closed trucks is however uniform and hovers around 60%.
Exploring Impact of Industry Type on Recovery of Open & Closed Trucks:
Industry-wise Impact till now:
- The disparity between Open and Closed trucks recovery might be reflected in the industries where these trucks ply.
- The essential nature of agriculture must have certainly caused better recovery across open trucks.
- The surge in e-commerce deliveries during the lockdowns and a significant rise in the medical industry have helped take the recovery for container trucks towards 63%.
Projecting Industry-wise Impact going forward:
- Further truck movement recovery might greatly depend upon how different industries revive in the post lockdown scenario.
- We see that the e-commerce and medicine segments might rebound quickly. This should help in increasing the movement of closed trucks.
- Similarly, poor recovery in the construction sector might limit the progress in the case of open trucks.
Ask your queries to WheelsEye
If you have any questions, contact us today
Call: +91 99900 33455